Classics, thrillers, murder mysteries, tales of loss and woe, love and life- fictional stories can range from the realistic to the magical. Where do writers get their ideas and how much do their surroundings affect their imagination? Dawn.com speaks to Karachi based authors on the city and how it plays a role in their work. Bina Shah elaborates on Karachi’s shifting landscape, H.M Naqvi speaks on how Karachi sustains him, Maniza Naqvi talks about discovering the city as an adult and Mohmmed Hanif talks about how the city manages to slip into his work.
Asian Window is now on twitterFollow @asianwindow
- Himalayan myth buster
- One million deaths: An unprecedented survey of mortality in India
- Old Delhi Motorcycles: The film
- India will be the United States’ most important ally: Pew survey
- Tariq Ali: World literature and world languages
- Riazuddin: The man who designed Pakistan’s bomb
- Tarun Tejpal: The man in the mirror
- New clues may change Buddha’s date of birth
- Debashish Bhattacharya: NPR Tiny Desk concert
- Does doing yoga make you a Hindu?